FMN DITA .. refers to the DITA support that is provided by default in FM9 and FM8.
DITA-FMx .. is a plugin that provides extended DITA authoring support for FM9, FM8, FM7.2 and FM7.1. More info...
Submitted by: Scott Prentice (2008-01-19)
Last updated: 2008-06-19
||Authoring, Output, FM8 DITA, DITA-FMx 0.0, DITA-FMx 1.0, FM 7.2, FM 8.0
||Building a real FM book from a DITA map
||You can use the "map to book" command to generate FM "chapter" files from topics and add them to an FM book, but this overwrites the book file each time which deletes any modifications you've made to the book file.
||The best way to handle this is to think of the book generated by the plugin to be a temporary book, and to create a "real" book that references the same FM files, where you add your TOC, Index, and other extra files. Here's a summary of the process ..
1) Generate your FM book from the map .. consider the book generated in this step to be disposable.
2) After you've generated the book, copy it to a new name (this one becomes the "real" book).
3) Add your TOC, Index, front/back matter .. set the pagination/numbering/etc. .. save this book.
4) Each time you generate new FM files, overwrite the "disposable book"
5) Open the "real" book and do an Update. The TOC/Index/etc. and all properties will be all set.